
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Viva Las Vegas!
After living in Utah for a year now, I finally made my first trip down to Vegas with a bunch of friends from Provo. Once I was warned not to look down or take any of the "fliers" that were being distributed on every street corner, I felt ready to venture out onto the strip. I soon realized that no amount of coaching or friendly tips could've prepared me for the monstrous casinos, unsightly huge jumbo-trons, and the infamous "handouts" (which I quickly found out were not menus for nearby restaurants and food stands...) It felt so surreal to be walking around in a place that I've only really experienced through movies. The whole time I was there I felt like a character in "21" or "Oceans 11". It was pretty much the closest I've ever felt to being famous. Overall, the short trip was a lot of fun, and a much-needed contrast from everyday life in Happy Valley. Oh and don't worry mom, I did NOT come home with a wedding ring, but I did bring back some photos of my little adventure:






Labels:
las vegas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment